If you are in the market for a new home, it is no surprise that many others are too. You need to stand out to the sellers against the other buyers. We are dedicated to assisting you in being the best buyer the seller has to consider. Here are 5 tips that will help achieve that:
- Pre-Approval: Getting pre-approved means that you have a conditional commitment from a lender for a specific amount before you choose a property. This will give you a higher appeal to sellers because they will feel confident that you can buy a home.
- Fewer Contingencies: If you have a shorter list of contingencies than other buyers, it could be attractive to potential sellers. Once an offer is accepted, the final sale is dependent upon certain contingencies. Letting things slide could help you get the house.
- Personal Letter: Personal approaches often help. Writing a personal note to the seller explaining why you are a great candidate could make them think twice. This will show that you are serious about the process and have strong interest in their home. Most sellers want their home to be passed on to a family they trust.
- Be Flexible: Sellers will greatly appreciate any flexibility. This is a stressful time for them as it is for you. Sometimes they may need special circumstances. Allowing the sellers to have the ability to go outside the structured process could mean a lot to them. The also may appreciate a buyer who is willing to move faster to get the sale completed quickly.
- Escalation Clause: If there is a house that you have your heart set on, consider an escalation clause. This allows you to match other homebuyers and higher your offer if you are outbid. Adding this to your offer shows that you are dedicated.
As your real estate agent, our aim is to make you the most attractive option in the sea of buyers. These are only a few of the options to do so. Give us a call today to see what else can be done for you!